poor little upside-down cake...your bottom's on your top.

mánudagur, október 16, 2006

Longing heart, Weary soul

A monk's heart:

Standing on the threshhold
of your heart,
I hear it singing sweet melodies
a prayer of a murmuring dove

In deep quiet woods your song
is hardly a song,
Barely a voice can I hear
only the music of holy thoughts

I loved you so dearly
yet I departed,
The calling of God was strong
I have served Him long years

You heard the same faint voice,
you answered,
We parted together, for one reason
we hold now the same truths

Even in the many parted years
we have spent,
Nothing can mar the echo of your voice
I hear it still amid clamour and in silence

Strong though my convictions seem
and years firm,
My heart has faltered and my eyes longed
but unattainable are you, lost forever

Yet because of your absence
you remain,
Forever the same, like a spirit
you still fill the empty space

So now I dare to look upon your memory
where for years,
I would not venture to dream
it is not sin, my conscience is clear

But my place has been filled
I feel the pain,
of knowing life runs its course
yet no room is there now for me

Would that the dead com back
would they too,
fell this great sorrow?
or rejoice in wounds now healed?

The emptienss shall never be filled
true love is irreplaceable,
"but veiled and made fruitfull as time
and nature veil all ruins"

A nun's soul:

Locked inside cold stone walls
the world is shut off,
I have not known life and youth
these years seem as a blur of monotony

I have purposed to break the spell
but I am harassed,
I must make my escape
buth there are others yet I go alone

I am free but my soul is troubled
you are still gone,
you are suffering in a dank cell
they tortured your strength from you

God has given me peace
I know not where,
If you are yet liberated
but my soul is commforted in Him

Alas! A stranger yet familiar
you have come,
My mind goes blakc but I hear
your trembling whispers to me

I am revived, my eyes open
leaning over me,
I see your pale guant face
it is full of love, we are together at last

I wrote this one while reading a book. It was about the reformation but it actually did have some romance in it. I wrote the two parts on seperate days but they go together. The monk and the nun, Frtiz and Eva eventully each leave their convent and get married. It was an exelent history book. Well, G.T.R.

Engin ummæli: