poor little upside-down cake...your bottom's on your top.

föstudagur, október 06, 2006

I made her cry!

Today I have become a sucsesful writer. My writing has taken on true meaning.
I declare it, I have passed a landmark.

I wrote a poem for a friend of mine several months ago. We weren't in touch and so I was never able to show it to her. You know which one I'm talking about Grym, Fading Remnant.
Well, she got my e-mail address the other day and we've been writing. So I sent it to her.
And It made her cry! My writing made somebody cry! Me! Can you beleive it?

Anyhow, I thought that was neat. I know you've seen it but for the invisible persons out there who read my blog, (ha, yeah right) I'm going to post it.

“To my dear friend Melanie:
May God always bless her.”



Fading Remnant

I never knew you, never knew you,
but you’re my kin just the same,
I’ve never seen you, never seen you,
I didn’t even know your name.

A fading remnant is my past,
a memory never foretold,
A dark shadow that can not last,
my life you must not withhold.

God gave me people to be my family,
and them I’ve always known and loved,
Theirs was I foreordained to be,
a blessing of God, from above.

Now you live so far away,
and I have found you at last,
Here I just can not stay,
I must find the fading remnant of my past.

Your daughter I may be by birth,
though others have loved and raised me,
Here is my place on this earth,
here is where God placed me.

Though there are others I dearly love,
the knowledge of your presence calls me,
Softly quietly like the coo of a dove
your face I must at least once see.




This fading remnant must not fade,
my heritage not lost,
Mustn’t be buried by another’s spade,
where I’m from, hoe much I cost.

And so to catch this fading dream,
I must go away,
For a time, maybe though hard it seems,
my minds made up I will not sway.

Good-bye to all I dearly love,
good-bye to friends I know,
I stand, look back and wave my glove,
the fading remnant to overthrow.

Engin ummæli: